2020 DoD Operations Security Campaign
This Operations Campaign page will be inaccessible after 4 PM on Monday, November 30, 2020.
In accordance with the Secretary of Defense (SECDEF) memo, "Reinforcing Operations Security and the Importance of Preventing Unauthorized
Disclosures," dated July 20, 2020, the following four courses are mandatory to reinforce operations security and to prevent unauthorized disclosures. DoD personnel — military, civilian, and on-site contractors — are required to:
- Step 1: View the SECDEF video.
- Step 2: Complete OPSEC mandatory training courses, or other equivalent training authorized by your component.
- Step 3: Save your course certificates after completion as there will be no record.
2020 DoD Operations Security Campaign Mandatory Courses
(Per the memo, components have the option to provide their own training.)
These courses do not provide a record of completion. You MUST print and/or save the certificate at the end of the course and examination.
- OPSEC Awareness for Military Members, DoD Employees and Contractors
Maintenance has been completed for the OPSEC Awareness Course. Please note this version contains no audio and no video.
- Unauthorized Disclosure of Classified Information for DoD and Industry
- Insider Threat Awareness
- Introduction to Information Security
CDSE is committed to the full inclusion of students with disabilities. If you need an accessible document or an accommodation, submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, describe the impairment (not the medical diagnosis) and the accommodation you are proposing. Please allow 5 business days for a response.
For more opportunities to reinforce these concepts check out the following resources and more on the CDSE website.
- Candace Claiborne Case Study
- Insider Threat Reporting Procedures Job Aid
- Unauthorized Disclosure: Ask the Magic 8 Ball Game
- Insider Threat Concentration Game
- Trivia Twirl Game