Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Security Awareness Hub?
- What if I am having problems using a Security Awareness Hub course?
- I can't see the buttons to progress through the course or quiz.
- Letters are missing from my course and/or exam.
- The course exam does not function properly.
What is the Security Awareness Hub?
The Security Awareness Hub initiative was launched by CDSE to provide frequently-assigned courses, including mandatory annual training, to a broader audience of security practitioners and non-security personnel. You do not need a STEPP account or any other registration or sign-in information to take a Security Awareness Hub course.
Upon completing each course, you will be provided a Certificate of Completion. Insert your name to generate your certificate, and then print or save your certificate before closing the course. Neither a record of your completion nor your Certificate of Completion will be saved in the Security Awareness Hub.
What if I am having problems using a Security Awareness Hub course?
If you experience issues with a Security Awareness Hub course (e.g., printing your certificate, launching a course, technical difficulties), please contact the help desk.
I can't see the buttons to progress through the course or quiz.
With the course or quiz open, press F11 to display in full screen.
Letters are missing from my course and/or exam.
If you control your own Internet Explorer settings, enable font downloads. Here's how: In Internet Explorer, click the gear icon or the Tools menu, then choose Internet options. When the Internet Options window appears, select the Security tab, choose the Internet zone, and click Custom level. When the Security Settings window appears, scroll to the Downloads section and enable the Font download setting. Click OK twice to save your settings, then close and reopen Internet Explorer.
The course exam does not function properly.
- Internet Explorer is the recommended browser
- Ensure you are viewing the most up-to-date version by accessing the quiz through the end of the course and not through a direct link.
- On the right side of the browser, under tools, there is a compatibility view settings option. Click on that and add dss.mil to the list.
- Under Internet options tab, Advanced view Make sure the "Closed unused folders in History and Favorites" is checked as well as "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed."
You may need to reboot the machine to enable the setting changes.
If you continue experiencing technical difficulties, please contact the help desk.